Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sony SEL16F28 16mm Pancake (Lens Review)

The 16mm pancake kit lens is in my opinion a great lens. It's compact, extremely lightweight, and produces very decent images. It's an excellant option for when you want a small and light camera without the bulk of a larger lens. For more information on this excellant lens check out my video review!




Here are a couple images showing how this lens looks mounted to the NEX-5 body.




The following images are a couple that were taken with the Sony NEX-5 and 16mm lens. Thanks for looking!

Sony NEX-5 with 16mm pancake lens (ISO 200, f/5.6, 1/125th)
Sony NEX-5 with 16mm pancake lens (ISO 200, f/4.5, 1/60th)
Sony NEX-5 with 16mm pancake lens (ISO 400, f/11, 1/250th)


1 comment:

  1. Hi!

    I am new to mirrorless cameras. Just bought the SONY NEX 5T with 16mm prime lens. Was wondering how it all works.

    I wanted to know if I have any control over the aperture or shutter speed while this lens is mounted; or do I just manually focus and let it do it's thing? Everytime I go to take a picture, it zooms for me, I tweak it so that the object in the foreground is clear, then I snap it. Is this how it normally works?

    Please advise!

    Kind Regards,
    Andy

    ReplyDelete