Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-WX9 Test

Last week I picked up the Sony WX9 because I was looking for a camera with a smaller form factor than my NEX-5 that would be easily pocketable for my trip to NYC. The amount of features packed into this tiny point-and-shoot is remarkable. Below I will post a test video showing the amazing video capabilities of the Sony WX9 as well as an assortment of pictures taken with it during my trip. 

My full review of the camera:

Video quality test:


Now for some sample images:






Using the background "de-focus" feature (creates a pretty neat effect).

Thanks for looking!


3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your helpful review. I recently purchased the DSC WX9 and am enjoying it. I have a question I am hoping you can answer. I recorded a video on the camera before realizing I could also record as an MP4 to play on my iPad. However, I cannot transfer the first video I recorded. I can watch it on the camera, but it doesn't show on the media card, nor when plugged into the computer via USB. I'm assuming it's in the camera's internal memory but cannot seem to find it to copy it. Do you have any suggestions? I would greatly appreciate your help! Thanks! RC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it helped thanks for reading! The only advice I would have is to try the software that came with the camera on the included disk. I use a Mac and have had no recognition issues using iPhoto or iMovie. Sorry for my limited help =(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I installed the CD (on a PC using Windows XP) and so far the program doesn't have any answers for me. Appreciate your response! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete